Debian KDE Extras Team Presentation
Speaker: Mark Purcell
The Debian KDE Extras Team maintain a portfolio of extra application packages for Debian GNU/Linux outside the KDE core applications. Highlights of these applications in order of Debian popularity (excluding libraries) include; kile, kaffeine, kipi-plugins, digikam, kmplayer, knemo, taskjuggler, kmymoney, rsibreak and codeine.
This presentation will include discussion on the following areas:
- Brief overview on some of the key applications
- How KDE packages are incorporated into Debian
- Integration and interaction with upstream KDE developers
- Debian bug tracking & synchronisation with KDE bug tracking http://email@example.com
- Integration and interaction with (k)ubuntu developers
- svn.debian.org kde-extras archive and potential for non Debian contributors
- Debian Quality Assurance; lintian, dak (aka katie) & build for 11 architectures - (alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc)
- Debian Release cycles. What are sid, etch and sarge anyway.
- Debian Popularity Contest and KDE applications
Mark Purcell is an admin for the Debian KDE Extras and Pkg VOIP teams which also provides the KDE twinkle & kiax builds for ubuntu and debian distributions. He has been a Debian developer since 2001 and his main Linux interests lie in VoIP, digital photography and multimedia applications.
Slides (ODP) (1.9M)
Slides (PDF) (2.3M)
Video (Ogg) (148M)