Shaping the Future of the Free Desktop
September 23rd to 30th 2006, Dublin, Ireland
aKademy is the annual meeting of the KDE community. This year it will be held at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. The event will span nine days and includes an exciting program of talks and presentations by outstanding KDE developers, joint development, bug-fixing & coding sessions, workshops for all KDE contributors, and design, usability and polishing work.
aKademy will be opened by the two-day KDE Contributors Conference, followed by the general assembly of the KDE e.V. and an intensive week of developing, discussing and meeting people.
aKademy 2006 will be focused on:
- KDE 4. KDE's upcoming major release, KDE 4, is under heavy development. aKademy provides the opportunity to get together in person to discuss and hack on the core technologies of the next generation desktop. To show the results achieved at aKademy there will be a technical preview release directly after the event.
- Desktop Standards and Cross-Project Collaboration. The KDE project is highly committed to open standards and cross-project collaboration. At aKademy there will be presentations, discussions and coding in relation to this topic. We are happy to welcome members of other desktop-related communities to take part in creating a common free desktop platform.
- Meeting the Community. As the biggest KDE community event, aKademy is a great place for meeting the people who make your favourite desktop. If you are already part of the community and want to meet old friends, if you are a newcomer and want to get in contact with the people you only knew by email before or if you are from an organization interested in KDE and would like to know who are the people behind this project, come to this year's aKademy.
In short, if you want to take part in shaping the future of the free desktop, aKademy 2006 is the place to be.
aKademy is of interest to
- All active KDE contributors: Programmers, artists, documentation writers, translators, usability experts, promoters and all other supporters.
- Members of Related Projects: Members of other desktop-related projects, standardization efforts or organizations working with KDE are welcome to join the event and contribute their part of the future desktop.
- Industry Partners: ISVs interested in improving KDE integration, companies who have migrated or are considering migrating to KDE, partners engaged in projects to enhance the Free Desktop, and those who are interested in learning how the future KDE will provide an even better integrated enterprise solution.
- Other Interested Parties: People or organizations interested in how KDE works, what is planned for the future, and those interested in getting to know the people behind the desktop have a great opportunity at aKademy to meet, discuss, share ideas and more.
If you would like to participate in aKademy, please register.
If you would like to contribute to the KDE Contributors Conference, please have a look at the Call for Participation.
If you would like to become an aKademy 2006 sponsor, please go to our Sponsors Page.