This page contains links to information that may be useful if you are planning to attend aKademy 2006. If you know of any other information or websites that would be useful for those attendees travelling to Ireland or Dublin please let us know.
Please review the Irish Government Visa Requirements.
Travelling to Dublin
- www.skyscanner.net (searches for European flights on a range of discount airlines)
- www.kayak.com (searches for worldwide flights on a range of airlines)
Main Irish Airlines
- Ryanair (accessible in skyscanner, but sometimes they have special offers advertised on their main site)
- Aer Lingus (accessible in skyscanner, but sometimes they have special offers advertised on their main site)
List of European Discount Airlines
List Of Destinations That Fly To Dublin
Dublin Airport to City Centre
- Taxis are plentiful and will cost you around 15-20 Euro.
- There is a dedicated coach that claims to take roughly 30 minutes to the city centre, although this may vary depending on how much traffic there is. The cost is 7 Euro one-way or 12 Euro return.
- Dublin Bus operates the 747 bus service that goes to the city centre and leaves you beside the aKademy hostel. The cost is 5 Euro one-way and 9 Euro return.
- Dublin Bus also operate regular bus services that take about 15 minutes longer but cost only 1.55 Euro. The 41 and 41B services leave you within 1 minutes walk of the hostel, and the 16A service leaves you on O'Connell Street, a 5 minute walk from the hostel. N.B. They may attempt to persuade you to take the more expensive bus but just insist and they will let you on.