KDE Contributors Conference 2006
Call for Participation
The call for papers has now closed. Acceptance notices have been sent. See the conference program for an overview of the accepted talks.
The accepted papers will be presented at this year's conference at Trinity College, Dublin, Republic of Ireland, from September 23rd to September 30th. All presentations will be held during the "KDE Contributors Conference" event on September 23rd and 24th.
Topics that will be covered include
- KDE 4 architecture and vision
- Desktop related hardware and software technologies
- Innovative human-machine interface design
- Cool programming tools, patterns and techniques
- Applications written for the K Desktop Environment
- Advancements in l10n and i18n
- Quality Assurance in Open Source projects
- Legal, social, philosophical or promotional matters related to KDE
- Desktop software standards, usability and accessibility
- Performance analysis and improvements
- Enhancements to KDE enterprise integration
Abstracts will be reviewed by the program committee based on content, presentation and suitability for the event. Acceptance notices will be sent out on Saturday July 15th at the latest. If your presentation is accepted, be prepared to make adjustments as per comments of the program committee. The program committee cannot comment on rejected submissions.
By submitting an abstract you give permission to publish it on the conference web site and in a printed conference booklet. Copyright is retained by you, the author.
The conference language is English.
A total of 30 minutes will be allocated for your presentation including a Q&A session, more time may be granted on request.
The program committee:
- John Cherry (OSDL)
- Adriaan de Groot (KDE)
- Kevin Ottens (KDE)
- Keith Packard (Intel)
- Daniel Stone (freedesktop.org)
- Matthias Welwarsky (KDE)
Point of contact: firstname.lastname@example.org